Our Wordle

Wordle: Rogers CDH

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Headed on the right track

Just met with the nutritionist and I am so excited. She said Weston looks great and that this is the perfect time to try working with him more on oral feeds and move him from getting 120cc's every 3 hours to getting 140cc's every four hours. She said right now he is getting 28 oz a day and when we change to the other schedule he'll be getting 18oz a day but she said that will promote appetite and make him want to eat. I am praying that this will make Weston want to eat more and explore. Its always nerve wrecking to not know if you're going to harm your baby especially when you are changing their feeding schedule but she assured me that he is going to be ok and what to watch for. I think Weston is ready for this step and we'll never know until we give him this chance.

Last night Timothy fed him some vegetable broth from his vegetable soup and Weston loved, he kept wanting more and opening his mouth big and wide waiting for the next taste. It is so exciting!

This morning while I was working with him on tummy time, I was crawling around in front of him and he was watching me and he started in the horizantal position and ended at maybe 30 degrees so he had moved which is so exciting too, he is starting to want that mobility. We are slowly getting there.

He still continues to amaze me he is still saying "dada" and "nana", so I am hoping soon "mama" will come out of that cute mouth. He is the sweetest angel.

No comments:

Post a Comment