Our Wordle

Wordle: Rogers CDH

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day!

Today is a great mother's day, my first mother's day with Weston. I thank God for where we have been and where we are going. Last year I was unsure of what to be feeling on this day, there was joy but uncertainty. My heart was breaking not knowing if our son would survive. I knew I wouldn't get to have the first like most mothers but the Lord has given me so many more first that most mother's never get to experience. Like most mothers you cherish the first sound your baby makes wait two months and that sound it even more precious. After your child is born you cannot wait to hold your new bundle of joy in your arms wait two months and the joy that fills your heart when you finally getting to hold your precious one is even more overwhelming. Surviving a surgery at 3 days old, coming off ECMO at 10 days, breathing on his own, and amazing the medical world. I am praising God and thanking him for today for blessing my life...my families life with this special child for Weston who continues to overcome and always come out on top. He gives me strength every day with a smile and a laugh.
What a wonderful Mother's day this is :o)

1 comment:

  1. I found your blog through Carters. Weston is so cute. Did you deliver at UCSF? My daughter was born there on October 2008 with LCDH. I am adding your blog to our blog list. I hope that is ok
    Liz
    http://nayelinelson.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete