Our Wordle

Wordle: Rogers CDH

Saturday, July 4, 2009

First Birthday around the corner

Less than a week and my miracle baby is going to be ONE! I praise God every day and thank Him for holding us when we first found out about Weston's condition and for holding us even tighter through these past months.
I will admit it is not easy being the mom of a child who other people say has special needs. I don't think he does but I know not every mom gets to torture their child every week by dropping an NG tube, Weston is getting stronger and knows right when to fight so he doesn't get to tube down and we have to do it over and over. He knows after about 3 attempts I stop and have to regain my composer of dropping the tube.
We are getting preparred for his big birthday bash, I can't wait and I am so excited that we will have a lot of our family and friends to help us celebrate this amazing event, it is not everyday that we get to see a miracle.
We were so blessed that we were invited to Isabel's first birthday party and it was so great to meet a lot of the Howard's friends and family and for them to meet Weston. I can't believe that Isabel is one, the time has gone by so fast.
Now to the serious stuff. On Thursday we took Weston to see his pediatricia
n he has been throwing up more and more. It used to be just in the mornings but now it is happening at every feed. First I called his GI doctor on Wednesday and waited for a response after a day of waiting I called Dr. Stanford and he saw that afternoon and we told him what was going on, I was really worried that Weston might have re-herniated which is a possibility and not far from my thoughts. So Dr. Stanford ordered an x-ray just to see if there were an obstructions. Well Weston is backed up pretty bad, he has a mass about the size of a baseball so no wonder he is throwing up he can't take anymore. So we have been giving him more water for one of his feeds and some prune juice trying to get him unblocked so to speak. He is still happy and moving around which is what we want. We also got to keep his x-rays and they look really good, every thing is still down where is should be and we think we can see where his left lung has grown some, so that is really exciting. I have definitely learned that Weston can take a whole lot more than I ever could. He is such a blessing. We love him so dear.

Thank you all for your continued prayers.

Love,
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment